Install Google Now on your Android phone
Published on July 4th, 2012 | by sylv3rblade0
Want Jelly Bean’s Google Now feature on your Android smartphone? Follow our guide below.
- A rooted, ICS-based phone
- A file explorer with root support (like ES File Explorer, Root Explorer)
- Download: Google Now APK | Mediafire Mirror
How to install Google Now on your ICS Android Phone:
- Download the APK linked above
- Browse system/app folder of your phone and rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak
- Copy the APK you’ve downloaded above into the system/app folder
- Set the permissions to rw-r-r (usually done by long-pressing the file from the file manage you’re using and select properties)
- Reboot and enjoy!
- Voice Search is unavailable
- Can’t exit the app using the back button
- Sometimes cannot submit a typed search-query
source XDA forums